Friday 28 April 2017

CDQ Name Davido And Wizkid As The Lord Of Nigeria Music




Nigerian indigenous rapper, Sodiq Abubakar
Yusuf, worldwide  known by his stage name
‘CDQ’, is one Nigerian entertainer who hardly 
follows the bandwagon. Though simple,
humble and receptive, he is not the kind  who
associates with every Tom, Dick and Harry in
the music industry. Since his enter into
limelight, Showtime’s careful observation and
investigation has been shown  that though the
music industry requires that an artiste frolics
with industry mates at all levels, CDQ is a non-
conformist to this principle.
Davido, Wizkid and CDQ
In an exclusive chat with Showtime, he said 
 why he rarely  associates with most 
everybody in the music industry, naming
Wizkid and Davido Lord  of the music industry.
“There has to be this chemistry, and what will
Bring out that chemistry is the ‘dopeness’, very few
are the type of artistes I had to work with
in Nigeria. Like presently , I shot a video with
Davido, I  have one with Wizkid already , those
are like the two main Lions we have in Nigeria.
I’ve one with Banky W also, which then 
means he is a very skilled artiste in the RnB
genre.
For the Indomie rapper, he must see
something very important  in a fellow artiste
before deciding to collaborate on a song with
him/her. “Before I do anything with you I need
to make sure  that you’re very good. When I listen
to good music, irrespective of the kind of
language you used to do it, music is a
universal language, it doesn’t matter if it’s
Igbo or Hausa, when I listen to the delivery,
the kind of sound, I’ll know if it’s good music.”
He declared plans for his debut concert
scheduled to hold in December. “I’m actually
working on organizing a ‘Woss’ concert by
December, but I’m beginning from my hometown
which is Ilorin. After that I then I choose the next step on what
next I want to do”, he revealed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Nazzy'sBlog